Rhyme and Reason, a knitwear collection designed by Mary Huang, plays with the notions of light as a material. Soft and feminine, these pieces have an ethereal quality about them. In the Rhyme and Reason pieces, the wearer is transformed by the illumination of white hand-crocheted lace flowers.
Philips just teamed up Kvadrat Soft Cells to unveil a brilliant new breed of luminous wallpaper that could forever change the field of mood lighting. The beautiful textile combines sound-absorbing properties with LED lights to cast a colorful low-energy glow over any interior space.
The walls are capable of displaying a broad range of LED color and they’d certainly tickle Willie Wonka’s fancy (although they’re not lickable!). The spectrum of light is perfect for creative environments for the hospitality industry (think hotel lobbies and restaurants), adding ambience, décor and light with just one product.
3Interactive LED Coffee Table
What’s an interactive LED coffee table? (Funny you should ask….) It’s a coffee table that has hundreds of LEDs in the top surface that respond to motion above the table.
Cocktail shaker? Check. Swizzle sticks? Check. Glowing ice cubes? Huh? Now you can impress friends at your party by putting these LED Rocks ($23.93) in their cocktails! These decorative Rocks create dazzling effects when immersed in a drink. Each LED Ice Cube is about one cubic inch in size and is made of a high quality, safe, FDA approved clear acrylic. They look like real ice cubes and can be used like real ice cubes by freezing them.
If you’re looking for something a little different as far as solar lights go, you could pick up these Wild Grass Solar Garden Lights ($19.99). You can jam the stakes into the ground and make it appear as if you have random tufts of grass glowing in the dark. If you have any extra-gullible friends you could always convince them that the grass is a special variety that glows every single night.
This faucet light ($4.17)has the following features:
• Auto-changes the water color when the water temperature changes.
• Makes water colorful and beautiful to bring you a pleasant feeling.
• Provides two different adapters and fits most faucet taps.
• No battery needed, since it is powered by the pressure of water, so it is very environmental.
• Easy to use, you just need to connect it to the faucet tap and connect the LED light sensor with the adapter so it can work normally.
• When the water temperature is less then 32 degrees Centigrade, it turns a BLUE color.
• When the water temperature is between 33 to 41 degrees Centigrade, it turns a GREEN color.
• When the water temperature is between 42 to 46 degrees Centigrade, it turns a RED color.
• When the water temperature is more than 46 degrees Centigrade, it is flashing, which reminds you to be careful.
The Glow LED Shot Glasses ($4.49)are fun for parties and special events! Batteries are included and installed!
8iPhone 5 case
Protect & beautify your iPhone! This LED flash case ($8.98) is designed to fit the iPhone 5. This case uses signal control. When you are making or receiving a call, sending or receiving a message, the LED light will flash in six alternating colors.
This sound-activated t-shirt has an electro-luminescent (EL) panel on the front. The light panel is attached to the front of the t-shirt by using two pieces of Velcro. The EL panel is very sensitive to music and any surrounding sound. The colorful lights will dance with music and show a visual rhythm.
This DIY project transforms the classic engraved vinyl nameplate into a high tech piece of art. It’s the perfect way to spice up anyone’s desk at home or at work.
The concept of this project is simple: engrave a name on a clear plastic sheet then shine a light on the edge of the plastic. The letters and edges are vividly illuminated while the clear material remains completely transparent.